Sunday, November 4, 2012

Nov. 4 - Nov. 10, 2012 Discussions

The comment on my web site for Sunday, November 4, was mostly about my plans for promoting my new book "A Crime Unlike Any Other" as soon as it goes on sale at Create Space.  I've written a Press Release that I will be sending to just about every newspaper on the East Coast that has an email address.  I'll be sending out emails to just about everyone who has ever contacted me about the case (excluding neo-Nazis, True Believers and the obviously insane).  I'll be telling scientists who work with anthrax about it.  I'm even thinking about notifying Professors and teachers who teach criminology courses, since the book describes the FBI investigation chronologically, step by step.  It was a case unlike any other.

I did none of that with my first book in 2005.  I learned a lot of lessons from that experience.  

Most of the controversial issues that are in "A Crime Unlike Any Other" were also addressed in "Analyzing The Anthrax Attacks" in 2005.  But, in 2005, everyone fully agreed that the case was still unsolved.  Today, there's a scorched and battered no-man's-land between those who view the case has having been solved and those who angrily believe with absolute certainty that the case has not been solved.

Last week, I learned that even people who agree that Dr. Ivins was the anthrax killer can get very upset if their views about how and why Ivins did it are disputed.

So, there's a great potential for controversy over what's written in my new book.  And controversy definitely helps sell books.

Meanwhile, I hope everyone votes on Tuesday.

Ed

4 comments:

  1. I think you mean "were also addressed."

    Nov. 10, 2012 Discussions - Debating the Anthrax Attacks of 2001
    anthraxdebate.blogspot.com/.../nov-4-nov-10-2012-discussions.html5 days ago – Most of the controversial issues that are in "A Crime Unlike Any Other" where also addressed in "Analyzing The Anthrax Attacks" in 2005.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Anonymous,"

    Thanks. I fixed it.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. " It indicates that if I sold just one book in the past day or so, the ranking would be in the 40,000 to 100,000 range. So, I guess someone ordered a copy before I even knew it was for sale at Amazon.com. I hope that's a good omen."

    I bought the book. I read everything written about Amerithrax without exception. BTW, I think it was very smart of you not to mention you insist the FACTS prove a First Grader wrote the anthrax letters on the page selling the book. It appears we now agree on at least that bit of marketing savvy. Someone may buy the book without knowing that is what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Anonymous" wrote: "Someone may buy the book without knowing that is what you think."

    That may happen, but everyone who has read my web site during the past 11 years, and everyone who read my first book, KNOWS that the facts say that a child wrote the anthrax letters and addressed the envelopes.

    You may not believe the facts, but the facts are still facts. Your personal beliefs don't change them.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete