Sunday, December 23, 2012

Dec. 23 - Dec. 29, 2012 Discussions

With my book completed and published in both paperback and Kindle form, I'm now looking for other things to do.  There are no worthwhile discussions going on with True Believers and conspiracy theorists anymore.  They never seem to have anything new to say.   They only have personal attacks and old, irrelevant questions they want someone to answer because they believe the answers will prove they are right about something.  They can't answer the questions themselves because they don't really want answers, they just want to ask questions.  If any questions are answered, the True Believers and conspiracy theorists will just find more questions to ask.  Asking questions allows them to imply that the case has not been solved.  Answers do the opposite.  And, they want people to believe as they believe - that the case has not been solved.

So, I've been doing other things.  Mostly, I've been going through color slides I took between 1952 and 1982, cleaning them up, sorting and digitizing them.  I created a 24x36 inch poster of 19 slides I took in Hong Kong in 1964.  I'm now  working on another poster.  It will tell me if I should do any others.  I've got some blank wall space to fill.  The prints I had on my walls before I moved in August 2010 didn't seem right for my new place, so I never hung them up.  But, posters of photos I took on various trips might not seem right, either.  Finishing a couple posters will tell me if doing more is the solution to the empty space.  I've got some pretty interesting photos that seem like they should be on a wall instead of buried in a closet.    


The picture above was an Ektachrome color slide, but the colors had badly faded to sepia tones, so I converted it to black and white.    


The color slide above was still okay but very dirty, so I cleaned it up.  I think it was taken somewhere between Nahkon Phanom and That Phanom in Thailand, circa 1963.

What I'm most doing is "idea hunting."  I'm looking for an idea that will give me a big project to keep me occupied for a year or more.  I don't know if it will be another book or something else.  Time will tell.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment